Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

OWASP AppSec DC

From: "Hart, Lee Anne" <LeeAnne.Hart () MONTGOMERYCOLLEGE EDU>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 16:28:18 -0400

For those in the DC area, OWASP is sponsoring the AppSec DC conference Nov.
10-13 at the convention center. This is a low cost event full of great
speakers and classes:

http://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_AppSec_US_2009_-_Washington_DC#tab=Welc
ome

For those who can't afford training (all of us, right :-)), they are in need
of volunteers. While you will miss some of the talks, it is a great way to
network and learn a little while helping a great organization.

http://www.novainfosecportal.com/2009/09/09/interview-about-appsec-dc-with-o
wasps-doug-wilson/

"What we mainly need is people to staff the days of the show: Obviously,
this is a trade off, because if you are working the show, you will miss out
on part or all of the content that attendees get to appreciate, but you will
be helping the event happen, and without that, no one would get to see the
content. All of the organizers and our "Arch Minions" as we have taken to
calling them (lead volunteers) are willing to make that sacrifice. However,
we will have many positions that need filling that can be staffed for part
of the conference, and we invite people who want to help out, or who want to
see only part of the conference on the cheap to sign up and help make this
event happen. You'll get the opportunity to see some of the talks, and work
the rest of the event. We'll need folks for registration, badge checking,
speaker and trainer assistance, facilities liaisons, and much more. If you
are interested, you can contact myself or one of the other organizers via
our OWASP emails (fairly easy to dig up), or by emailing
infoATappsecdcDOTorg."

Lee Anne
IT Security Analyst
Montgomery College