Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

[no subject]

From: "Tupker, Mike" <mtupker () MTMERCY EDU>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 14:19:43 -0500

Thanks for all the responses so far. How do you handle password reset requests from applicants? Since they are in the
application process and don't have ID's yet or some way of identifying themselves in the database, I would think it
would be hard to provide adequate proof of a applicants identity. Maybe I'll leave that up to the person who has to
rewrite the provisioning software.

Regardless of how the password reset requests are handled, our one helpdesk person will likely be overloaded by the
applicants needing login help.

Mike Tupker
Systems Administrator
Mount Mercy College