Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: NitroSecurity SIEM platform

From: Dexter Caldwell <Dexter.Caldwell () FURMAN EDU>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 11:22:53 -0400

Hi Charles,
        We use the NitroSecurity SIEM. We recently purchased and have been using
it for a few short months now.   I had the same impression as you did from
the demo and after a vigorous eval we decided it was the best system for
our needs.  Those needs centered around the following:  analysis
capabilities, 3rd party platform logging support, scalabillity,
performance, technical support, storage, short-term value ($$$) and
long-term dollar cost, management overhead, and possible integration with
other tools we have or might be looking to in the future .  We evaluated a
few other products all of which had their strenghths, weaknesses, but
NitroSecurity came out on top for us.  If you'd like details I feel free
to contact me off-list.

Thanks,

Dexter Caldwell
Information Security Administrator
Computing & Information Services
Furman University
3300 Poinsett Hwy
Greenville, SC 29613
email: dexter.caldwell () furman edu
office: 864-294-3566
facsimile: 864-294.3001

The EDUCAUSE Security Constituent Group Listserv
<SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU> writes:
Does anyone on this list use the NitroSecurity SIEM platform who would
care to share their experiences? We saw a demo of it yesterday, and to
say the least, I was impressed. It appears to be far beyond what our
current solution is capable of in terms of speed and functionality, but
of course the proof is in the pudding, so to speak.

Thanks,

Charlie

A. Seitz
Senior Security Analyst
University of Tennessee Information Security Office
Martin Campus
[ fcp://@furman.edu,%238400599/Mailbox/cseitz () tennessee edu
]cseitz () tennessee edu
(731) 881-7966