Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Astaro Security Gateway Appliance

From: Edward Tracy <tracyeg () YAHOO COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 05:15:34 -0700

We’re evaluating security appliances and had a very
impressive demo of the Astaro Security Gateway appliance (Gartner-Visionary Quadrant).  A lot is packaged into their
solution (mail security, firewall, vpn, antivirus checking, IM control, etc.).  I quickly received a list of higher
ed’s running the product
that wasn’t all that useful.  References were small scale to our proposed use.  While I await a better list, anyone
running Astaro’s solution?  How large ofa user base are you working with?  Any reviews (positive or
negative) you can share would be appreciated.

Ed Tracy II

Associate Vice President for Information Technology
University of Detroit Mercy