Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: what sites do you make available from quarantine network for remediation

From: Jeff Kell <jeff-kell () UTC EDU>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 22:34:39 -0400

Russell Fulton wrote:
HI

We are using Packet Fence on our resnet and are looking at allowing
machines that have been quarantined for various reasons limited access
to some sites to help with remediation.   I know other sites do this
so does anyone have a list of sites they are prepared to share?

We do it via a captive portal - the DNS server resolves selected
zones/names, and points everything else to the captive portal IP.

It's not IP-based (if that is what you were looking for).

Jeff