Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Network/Data Logs records

From: Roger Safian <r-safian () NORTHWESTERN EDU>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 08:24:31 -0500

At 04:11 PM 5/4/2009, Reyes, Esteban put fingers to keyboard and wrote:
Hi all,

Does your institution keeps access records of students/machines (Network/windows logs)? If so, for how long do you
keep those records?

It depends on what you mean by access logs.  We keep some data,
for a varying length of time, depending on the data.  We keep
wireless/VPN data for perhaps a month and flows for ~90 days.

--
Roger A. Safian
r-safian () northwestern edu (email) public key available on many key servers.