Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

IronPort Web Security Appliance -- Performance?

From: Ben Spencer <ben.spencer () MOODY EDU>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 10:49:34 -0500

Yesterday we turned on IronPort's WSA appliance and seemingly we have
started to see a few oddities with specific clients going to specific sites.
I am wondering if anyone else has seen such issues with this device or what
type of performance we should expect out of it (a S360 -- the Average
response time (ms) seems high in my opinion).

Just looking for someone to compare some numbers with to validate that the
appliance should be a-ok.

Thanks
benji

Benji Spencer