Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: EdConnect Software Anyone?

From: Dan Johnson <djj4 () UWM EDU>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 13:18:34 -0500

Hi Vik,

Sorry for the delay... I've learned some of this from fighting with the
program the last few years myself...

Instead of trying to pass the information second-hand, here is probably
the best way to get a hold of someone with COD:
fsa.customer.support () ed gov

I am a part of the listserv (lurker) that they offer and they do respond
relatively quickly.  You will probably get an email stating they received
the question and will get back to you within 24 hours. I honestly can't
remember a time where they didn't meet that deadline on the listserv.

Also, here is a list of technical documentation...
https://www.fsadownload.ed.gov/docsStudentAidGateway.htm  Where you may
have a bit of a problem is that the software you mention handles more
transfers than just the PELL data.  You can also do FAFSA/ISIR transfers
and Direct Lending, to name a couple.  Plus, the 'suite' of products also
includes components, like the EDExpress software they mention.

Lastly, they also offer some information on their practices and the
Privacy Act.  A quick perusal on my part does not specifically address
your questions, but may help in answering future questions:
https://www.fsadownload.ed.gov/privacy.htm

Best bet, send them an email with your specific questions and mention to
them that you are beholden to MA state laws on electronic storage and
transfers.  I'm confident they will be able to get you the information you
are seeking.

Dan