Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Penetration Testing Software

From: "King, Ronald A." <raking () NSU EDU>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 10:34:11 -0400

We use nmap and Nessus.  Its set to automatically run the Sunday before
patch Tuesday, post the results to a web server and email the admins that
need to view it.

We did a demo for Core Security and were impressed, but, found our funds had
been "diverted."

Ronald King

Security Engineer

Norfolk State University

Marie V. McDemmond Center for Applied Research

Suite 401

700 Park Ave.

Norfolk, Virginia  23504

Phone:  757-823-3918