Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Administrative v/s power user Access for Staff and students

From: Brian Desmond <brian.desmond () MORANTECHNOLOGY COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 13:41:42 -0600

You can also push the ACLs down natively with Group Policy too - there's a
File Security section which lets you define arbitrary file/folder ACLs.

In any case, Process Monitor from Sysinternals (free) is your best friend
for troubleshooting this stuff as like Mike says, it's usually the root
cause for apps to not work under limited privs.

Thanks,

Brian Desmond

brian.desmond () morantechnology com

c - 312.731.3132