Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: AD across multiple campuses

From: Michael Sinatra <michael () RANCID BERKELEY EDU>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 14:24:02 -0800

On 02/20/09 14:11, Dexter Caldwell wrote:
I recommend they use site-site vpn tunnels, mpls or some other private
links as you specified for securied entry points for the A/D replicatoin
and communication.  I see no reason off the top of my head that the
addressing scheme must change to accomodate this.

If the RFC1918 addresses really do overlap in some areas, as the
original post indicated, then those overlapping addresses will need to
be renumbered.  Otherwise, two different hosts in two different sites
will appear to have the same address to your DCs.  What you really need
is something along the lines of ULAs, but I don't want to get into
*that* debate.

michael