Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Vulnerability Assessment Scanner qualysguard

From: "Beechey, Jim" <beechey () NORTHWOOD EDU>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 21:03:51 -0500

Anand

We have used Qualys for 2 years now and are very satisfied.  We have three scanners, one at each of our main campuses.
Qualys has great reporting and is extremely easy to setup and maintain.  I have only encountered two false positives in
two years.  We've also been able to take advantage of built in integration with our SIM.  They won't be the cheapest
solution, but I feel the cost is well worth it.  Data is stored at their data centers, but we were able to live with
this risk given the protections in place.

Feel free to contact me directly if I can answer any specifics.
Jim

Jim Beechey
Associate Director, Networks and Information Security
Northwood University
4000 Whiting Drive
Midland, MI 48640
989-837-4169
beechey () northwood edu<mailto:beechey () northwood edu>
www.northwood.edu<https://mail.northwood.edu/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.northwood.edu/>

"Developing the future leaders of a global, free-enterprise society."