Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Windows GUI diff software with masking capability?

From: Vuong Phung <vphung () SCIENCE SJSU EDU>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 09:43:41 -0800

Not exactly GUI but will do the job, for such comparison I usually use sdiff with the -s option. sdiff comes with this
free download from M$ http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/interopmigration/bb380242.aspx

sdiff -s from this download will show only the differences side by side.

This is a free invaluable UNIX-utilities package that I recommend every sysadmin to use beside sysinternal tools.

Hope this helps. Vuong