Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: FTC and Red Flag Rule

From: Valdis Kletnieks <Valdis.Kletnieks () VT EDU>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 12:33:13 -0400

On Thu, 09 Oct 2008 11:13:32 CDT, Robin Stubbs said:
Ok I'll be the one to ask, can't this list be changed to default to
the poster and not the list? As it is now there is a burden of
me-toos and so forth communications that were probably intended for
the poster. Most mailing list that I know of default to the
poster. This one should too IMHO.

On the other hand, pointing the default reply-to: to the list encourages
back-and-forth discussions, like this reply...

In the 20+ years that I've been doing Listserv, I've learned that no matter
*which* way you set it, half the users will be unhappy.  Unless you take
this list and the Dale Earnhard Fan List, and point their Reply-To: at
each other, which will torque off 99.8% of the users. ;)