Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Password hints

From: Adam Schumacher <adamschumacher () CREIGHTON EDU>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 13:24:43 -0600

We require the user to pick a question from dropdowns.  I've used sites like
the aforementioned goodsecurityquestions.com to develop the questions which
attempt to ask for specific, unchanging, and yet generally private
information.  Of course, since I don't trust that process alone, a user also
has to set up an alternate email or cellphone number that a OTP gets sent to
before they can reset their password.  Yay for 2 factor!