Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: FTC and Red Flag Rule

From: "Mclaughlin, Kevin (mclaugkl)" <mclaugkl () UCMAIL UC EDU>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 15:37:31 -0400

Hi Anand:

We are affected, or at least that is what my treasurer, GC and myself
believe based on our research into this.    I am currently going through the
final set of red flag rules and trying to prepare a high level executive
summary of what I think this means.  Of the 328 pages I have been able to
drop it down to 120 and am hoping to get that to a document under 10 pages
that is basically a  "this is what you should be doing" doc.

If interested in getting a copy of that document (probably be early next
week before I am finished with it) just let me know.

-Kevin

Kevin L. McLaughlin

CISM, CISSP, GIAC-GSLC,PMP, ITIL Master Certified

Director, Information Security

University of Cincinnati

513-556-9177 (w)

513-703-3211 (m)

513-558-ISEC (department)

 UC-Logo-800

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message and its content is confidential,
intended solely for the addressee, and may be legally privileged. Access to
this message and its content by any individual or entity other than those
identified in this message is unauthorized. If you are not the intended
recipient, any disclosure, copying or distribution of this e-mail may be
unlawful. Any action taken or omitted due to the content of this message is
prohibited and may be unlawful.