Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: E-Discovery of remote PST files

From: "John H. Sawyer" <jsawyer () UFL EDU>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 19:08:48 -0500

A combination of libpff and F-Response enterprise might work well in
this situation. You could push the F-Response service to all the
machines you need to access, mount their drives read-only remotely via
iSCSI, and read the files using libpff.

I haven't tested the above technique but the F-Response site does have
a video showing access of a live Exchange server's message DB via F-
Response and exmerge. Slightly similar.

-jhs