Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Information on ProofPoint

From: Jim Hranicky <jfh () UFL EDU>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 11:22:52 -0400

We are currently evaluating options for dealing with the ongoing phishing problem.
Specifically, we are wondering if anyone on the list has experience with ProofPoint.

The main points we are interested in are as follows:

 - How well does it handle a large volume of messages?

 - How effective is it at stopping spam, phishing messages, etc?

 - What is the false positive rate, and how well does it deal with them?

 - How did it compare to competitors?

 - What features are you using (spam blocking, compliance scanning, etc)?

 - Is the information from the logs useful?

 - How does it fare with respect to ease of management and time to manage?

Thanks for any information you can give.

| Jim Hranicky, Security Engineer                    UF InfoSec Team |
| E202 SSRB                                     Phone (352) 392-2061 |
|                              jfh () ufl edu                           |