Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Password Vaulting

From: Jerry Sell <Jerry_Sell () BYU EDU>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 14:53:17 -0600

We are trying to get electronic vaulting of root and root equivalent passwords in place. We are receiving kickback from
upper management, because they are not comfortable with the technology.

If you are currently using electronic password vaulting we would appreciate a response. We would like to know what
product you are using, is it successful, any horror stories, would you recommend it to others.

Thank you,

Jerry Sell, CISSP
Security Analyst
Brigham Young University
(801)422-2730
Jerry_Sell () byu edu<mailto:Jerry_Sell () byu edu>