Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Multiple campus SSO security requirements

From: "Stewart, Ian" <istewart () UMASSP EDU>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 09:36:50 -0500

In our case we are using a virtual directory for authentication and
authorization rather than doing SAML federation, but the trust issues
are the same and will set us up nicely for federating in the future. The
reasons for virtualization rather than a shib approach has to do with
the difficulty of federating PeopleSoft more than anything. Thanks for
the ideas so far. A University trust is what we need, with varying
levels of trust for different apps.