Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Complaint Templates

From: Chris Green <cmgreen () UAB EDU>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 17:18:21 -0500

We have a library of templates that we use for various system
disconnections related to security incidents.  The content is usually
what we can pull together when we get a brand new thing we've found.
We're looking at updating our notification emails to be more consistent
and informative.  Does anyone have a template library they are willing
to share?

"Host Reported Sending Spam", "System Sharing Copyrighted Material",
"Talking to a known IRC Botnet" etc. are examples of the templates we've
had.    If no one has a great library of these statement  then it'd be a
great collaboration project.

Thanks,

Chris

--