Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Spam with return receipt

From: Robin Polak <robin.polak () GMAIL COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 16:51:40 -0400

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 16:41, Roger Safian <r-safian () northwestern edu>wrote:

Greetings,

In the last couple of days I have noticed a dramatic increase in
spam that has been tagged with return receipt requested.  I have
disabled this on my system, but have it set to notify me when a
message is so tagged.  I like to know who is spying on me.  ;-)

Until recently this was used rarely by the spammers.  In the last
few days more than half my spam is so tagged.  Has anyone else noticed
this increase?

--
Roger A. Safian
r-safian () northwestern edu (email) public key available on many key

I noticed this as well today.

--
Robin Polak
E-Mail: robin.polak () gmail com