Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: ISA Server for Microsoft Exchange

From: "Di Fabio, Andrea" <adifabio () NSU EDU>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 09:59:42 -0400

We run MS Exchange without and use OWA as front end for webmail and we do not
run ISA.  WE only open port 80/443 on the firewall (CISCO ASA) and enable RPC
over HTTP.  I am not sure why you would need MS ISA.  Are you planning on
exposing the exchange servers to the internet directly, and if so, why?