Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: FYI: Another round of spear Phishing (ethics)

From: Sheri J Thompson <sthomp8 () LSU EDU>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 11:13:36 -0500

I strongly advise against what I would deem an unethical practice.
Furthermore, if your students send private information through unsecure
email at your institution's behest, would that not be a potentially
embarrassing and reportable data breach?

   Sheri J. Thompson
   IT Planning & Communications Officer
   LSU Information Technology Services
   Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70803