Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Researcher Activities

From: David Gillett <gillettdavid () FHDA EDU>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 16:55:44 -0700

  We're a community college, which is a slightly different situation,
but we have an automotive technology training program on campus.  A
couple of times a year, that program puts on race/rally events....
  The events are scheduled for a weekend, to minimize impact on other
campus programs.  Portions of the campus normally open to traffic are
shut down; as far as I can determine, the program pays the overtime
costs of a couple of campus police officers to redirect traffic, and
so on.

  If a faculty member wants to make analogous arrangements to conduct
an educational network exercise without impacting other campus
activities, we'd be glad to discuss it with them.

David Gillett