Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Has anyone tested the Checkpoint Power-1 9070 appliance?

From: Mike Corcoran <mike.corcoran () WRIGHT EDU>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 13:09:30 -0400

Greetings...

Checkpoint has an appliance, the Power-1 9070, that
Checkpoint claims will handle 14 Gb of firewall throughput.

I'm wondering if this number is realistic with
real-world traffic, or if it was achieved in
idealistic lab conditions such as small numbers
of large UDP packets.

If you have tested throughput on this or a similar
Checkpoint appliance, I would be grateful to hear from you.

Mike
--
Mike Corcoran, Systems Security Engineer
Wright State University, CaTS Information Security