Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

VoIP solutions for international satellite campus sites

From: James Moore <jhmiso () RIT EDU>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 12:06:56 -0400

RIT currently has a collaborative branch campus in Croatia, and we are
looking at branch campus (collaborations) with universities in Dubai,
and China.  The business planners are looking at ways to keep costs
down, so they are thinking VoIP.  Has anyone done this?  Any successes
or war stories that you are willing to share?

Thanks,

Jim

- - - -
Jim Moore, CISSP, IAM
Information Security Officer
Rochester Institute of Technology
13 Lomb Memorial Drive
Rochester, NY 14623-5603
(585) 475-5406 (office)
(585) 475-4208 (lab)
(585) 475-7950 (fax)

"We will have a chance when we are as efficient at communicating
information security best practices, as hackers and criminals are at
sharing attack information"  - Peter Presidio

Confidentiality Notice:  Do the right thing.  If this has the words
"Confidential" or "Private" in the subject line, or similar language in
the email body, or as a label on any attachment, then think.  Do you
know me?  Did you expect to receive this?  Do you recognize and work
with the other addressees?  If not, then you probably received this in
error.  Please, be respectful and courteous, and delete it immediately.
Please, don't forward it to anyone.

Now, wasn't that simple.  Just, if you had made an error in a sensitive
email, and I received it, what would you want me to do with it?