Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re:

From: "Mclaughlin, Kevin (mclaugkl)" <mclaugkl () UCMAIL UC EDU>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 09:20:23 -0400

Hi Brad:

We attempted that approach but a lot of the Professor's in our graduate
programs pushed back hard. I had many comments like "the electronic
gradebook doesn't work in the manner I need it to,   I have specific grade
requirements that can't be supported by the Gradebook tool, are you now
trying to dictate how I conduct course assessments? Et cetera."   I do like
the number or secret word idea for hardcopy postings and will try to wrap my
mind on some ways to do that electronically as well.  At the end of the day
though I suspect even the Security supporters within my community will see
this as yet another unfunded mandate that requires significant process
change to comply with and in the case of a single list of class grades
little risk associated with non-compliance.

I have no solutions here - just questions.... :-)

-Kevin