Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Study of Higher Ed IT Security Managers

From: Rodney Petersen <rpetersen () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 10:04:25 -0600

The EDUCAUSE Center for Applied Research (ECAR) is conducting a study
which seeks to understand the important characteristics and career paths
of those engaged in IT security management in higher education. As part
of the study we are requesting those who are assigned day-to-day
management responsibility for central IT security at their institution
to fill out a survey. Links to the survey were sent to the EDUCAUSE
primary representative, most likely your CIO, earlier this week on April
9th.  Please check with your CIO or EDUCAUSE primary representative if
your are in charge of IT security at your institution and you have not
received the survey information.  (You can look up the person identified
as your primary representative in the EDUCAUSE institutional member
directory:  http://www.educause.edu/Institutions/807)

As with all ECAR studies, all data and information collected is used
strictly for the purposes of research and analysis for the benefit of
ECAR subscribers and EDUCAUSE members. EDUCAUSE does not make personally
or institutionally identifiable information or data available to its
members, sponsors, contractors, or others.  We anticipate results from
the study mid to late summer.

On behalf of the EDUCAUSE & Internet2 Security Task Force, I encourage
you to participate in this very important activity.  Please let me know
if you have any questions.

Thanks,

-Rodney

Rodney J. Petersen, J.D.
Government Relations Officer & Security Task Force Coordinator

EDUCAUSE
1150 18th Street, N.W., Suite 1010
Washington, D.C. 20036
(202) 331-5368 / (202) 872-4200