Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft IIS security update ms08-006 looks critical to me

From: "Basgen, Brian" <bbasgen () PIMA EDU>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 18:09:39 +0100

 Fwiw, we have a process every patch Tuesday that helps address risk. I
won't bore you with all the details of our processes, but one thing we
find very useful is the internet storm center assessment:
        http://isc.sans.org/diary.html?storyid=3973

 In particular, the client/server breakdown and the "known exploits"
column are helpful in assessing risk. Since 08-006 doesn't have a public
exploit yet, it doesn't fall into the most urgent category for us, which
means we'll find a convenient time to patch our servers this week.

Brian Basgen
Information Security
Pima Community College