Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Reviewing Security Policy

From: Lee Weers <weersl () CENTRAL EDU>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 09:46:49 -0600

On the systems I manage I rename the local admin account to something
other than Administrator, root, or admin.  On the servers each local
admin account is different for each server.

At another job we disabled the local admin account and created an
account named Backdoor that had local admin privileges.