Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Risk Analysis of Electronic Shelving Units

From: Brian Epstein <bepstein () IAS EDU>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 11:36:19 -0400

        Has anyone completed a risk analysis of their electronic shelving units
(high density mobile storage systems) used in their libraries or
archives?  These are the units that move horizontally to save space,
specifically the electric powered units.

        I've run into a few things that concern me and would like to speak with
anyone who has taken a closer look at their system.

Thanks,
Brian Epstein

--
Brian Epstein <bepstein () ias edu>                     +1 609 734 8179
Network and Security Officer            Institute for Advanced Study