Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re:

From: "Schneider, David A" <schneida () KU EDU>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 13:54:47 -0600

The ideal (in my own opinion) tool would be one that doesn't need to be
installed on a computer and can run on any platform (Linux, Windows
etc.)
Perhaps Java-based, therefore. Not many fit these requirements. Many
require the installation of numerous DLLs or outside libraries and
frameworks (.NET
is one example).

-D.

David Schneider
CISSP, CHFI
IT Security Office
The University of Kansas
1001 Sunnyside Avenue
Lawrence Kansas 66045
--------------------------------
Phone: 785-864-0472
Email: schneida () ku edu
--------------------------------
http://www.security.ku.edu
http://www.besekure.ku.edu

The information transmitted by the above email is intended only for the
addressee and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any
interception, review, retransmission, dissemination, or other use of, or
taking of any action upon this information by persons or entities other
than the intended recipient is prohibited by law and may subject them to
criminal or civil liability. If you received this communication in
error, please contact us immediately at (785) 864-9003, and delete the
communication from any computer or network system.