Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: SEM Question: High Tower Software

From: "Beechey, Jim" <beechey () NORTHWOOD EDU>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 21:45:17 -0500

Peter

We don't use High Tower, but did evaluate their product during our
selection process last year.  Things change pretty quickly in this
space, but my quick $.02 would be..  reasonably priced, great
licensing/sizing model, but limited device support.  Also, they're
reliant on Snare for Windows logs which may be a positive or negative
depending on your point of view.  Overall I think High Tower is worth a
look for those who may have tighter budget constraints.  Hope this
helps.

Jim

Jim Beechey

Associate Director, Networks and Information Security

Northwood University

4000 Whiting Drive

Midland, MI 48640

989-837-4169

beechey () northwood edu <mailto:%20bwisler () northwood edu>

www.northwood.edu
<https://mail.northwood.edu/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.northwo
od.edu/>

"Developing the future leaders of a global, free-enterprise society."