Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: MS Exchange - Anti-virus

From: "Kieper, David" <kieperd () UWGB EDU>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 16:15:44 -0600

We use McAfee Groupshield 6.03 on our Exchange 2007 servers (and previously on Exchange 2003) servers for scanning
email and have been very happy with performance, reliability, and accuracy.   We also load Virusscan 8.5i on the
servers for file/memory A/V checking and are happy with that product as well.

Regards,

David Kieper
Manager, Network and Infrastructure Services
Information Technology Security Officer
Information Services Division
University of Wisconsin - Green Bay             office: (920) 465-2238
2420 Nicolet Drive                                      fax:    (920) 465-2864
Green Bay, WI  54311-7001   USA                 email:  kieperd () uwgb edu