Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Network Security Auditors

From: Joel Rosenblatt <joel () COLUMBIA EDU>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 15:42:21 -0500

Hi,

Take a look at <http://www.transcendentgroup.com/eng/index.asp?id=1>

December, 2003
Major Contract with 12 Swedish Universities
Transcendent Group has announced that the firm has received a major contract with 12 Swedish Universities. The scope of
this contract is multi-tasked and
includes: performing an IT Risk Assessment for each university, a Benchmarking project for key IT processes based on
international standards, and a cost
benchmarking effort. In addition, the universities will be compared to other universities as well as other industries.
In 2002/2003, Transcendent Group
performed a similar review for 14 Nordic Universities.

Transcendent Group President, Johan Lidros, said that "this is a major win for the firm in which we faced competition from the
"Big Five" firms along with
several other large consulting firms. We were able to demonstrate to these universities the benefits of engaging a firm
with a charter of performing high
quality, added value projects utilizing global IT "best practices." We believe in hiring experienced professionals that
can truly add value and provide
impactful solutions to our customers."

Transcendent Group is an international consulting firm that specializes in technology risk management and information
security consulting services. The
leadership team of the firm is comprised of experienced professionals from the "Big Four" and other global technology
firms. Transcendent Group is
headquartered in Tampa, Florida and has also an office in Stockholm, Sweden. More information about the firm can be
obtained by visiting the web site at:
www.transcendentgroup.com

I saw them speak at Educause a few years ago - they are very familiar with .edu concerns.

We were very impressed with them (we ended up using Gartner .. just because), but I think that the Transcendent Group
would have done a really good job.

They didn't mind the travel, so I don't think that you are on the West coast will matter.

My 2 cents

Joel Rosenblatt

Joel Rosenblatt, Manager Network & Computer Security
Columbia Information Security Office (CISO)
Columbia University, 612 W 115th Street, NY, NY 10025 / 212 854 3033
http://www.columbia.edu/~joel