Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Policies for personally-owned computers connecting to staff network?

From: "HALL, NATHANIEL D." <halln () OTC EDU>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 14:08:45 -0500

We run two separate networks for college use and personal use.  All
computers on the primary internal network are maintained by our central
IT department.  We allow wireless for PEAP authenticated devices which
are also managed by IT.  The other network we allow students and
employees to connect personal computers to.  There is a firewall
protecting them from the Internet (and vice-versa) and a required login
for accountability.  This entire network is logically located outside of
our main firewalls.

If you would like more detail, just let me know and I will try to
explain it better.

--

Nathaniel Hall, GSEC GCFW GCIA GCIH GCFA
Network Security System Administrator

(417) 447-7535