Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

guest registration tools

From: "Barros, Jacob" <jkbarros () GRACE EDU>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 15:18:30 -0400

When the guest account thread hit a while back, I started bugging our
apps guy to develop a solution similar to Virginia Tech.  In turn, we
have been hunting for a pre-built solution.  The software he likes, UMRA
(User Management Resource Administrator) seems to be a good option.
This solution would also replace our automated scripts for adding and
removing users.

Is anyone using UMRA for guest registration?  Has anyone purchased a
similar solution / can you share your experience with it?  Our criteria
for the complete package:

*       Mass adding user accounts from a csv file
*       Creating Exchange mailboxes as part of the mass add process
*       Create user folders with permissions as part of the mass add
process
*       Delegation - be able to give limited access to helpdesk
personnel, etc, to create guest accounts, reset passwords, etc
*       Support scheduling, automation, or have a command line interface

Thanks!

Jacob Barros
Network Security Administrator
Grace College and Seminary