Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: iPhone security

From: Samuel Liles <sliles () PURDUE EDU>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 13:22:13 -0500

I have one. What do you want to know that does'nt break it. It has VPN
etc.

Sam Liles
Sam.Liles () mac com
Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 30, 2007, at 1:15 PM, Curt Wilson <curtw () SIU EDU> wrote:

Matt & Educause,

We will be getting access to an iPhone in the near future and we
plan on
digging into it, to answer questions such as this. Unless someone else
can furnish the information we need, we'll use it as an opportunity to
dig into the new technology. It's seems pretty clear that we are
headed
down the road of increasing amounts of mobile devices so we had best
prepare for the inevitable security issues that will emerge.

Matt Arthur wrote:
Has anyone been able to find out what security protocols the iPhones
use?  We have had zero success going through Apple support web pages.

Thanks!

Matthew K Arthur, CISSP
Director, NTS-Enterprise Networks
Washington University in St. Louis