Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Share Your Campus Plans to Observe National Cyber Security Awareness Month 2007

From: Shirley Payne <payne () VIRGINIA EDU>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 14:47:49 -0400

October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month (NCSAM)…but it’s
never too soon to start planning your campus events!!! We encourage you
to consider ways that you can raise awareness among your faculty, staff,
and students, and invite you to help promote NCSAM. For further
suggestions, please consult the Resource Kit for National Cyber Security
Awareness Month <www.educause.edu/security/resourcekit>, developed by
the EDUCAUSE/Internet2 Security Task Force.

Additional resources include:
NCSAM Sample Kit <http://www.educause.edu/10607>
Cybersecurity Awareness Resource Library <http://www.educause.edu/8762>
EDUCAUSE Security Awareness Resource Page
<http://connect.educause.edu/term_view/Security%2BAwareness>.

Many colleges and universities are already planning events or developing
awareness resources for NCSAM that we would like to highlight as part of
higher education's ongoing efforts to increase awareness within our
community. We've already started a list of institutions that will be
holding events in October 2007
<http://www.educause.edu/7479#campus_events>. Please share the URL or
plans for your NCSAM-related initiatives with the participants on this
discussion list or send an e-mail to Security-Task-Force () educause edu so
your institution's plans can be included, as well.

Best regards,
Shirley Payne (University of Virginia), Security Task Force Awareness
and Training Working Group Co-Chair