Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Password Management

From: "Perez, Stephen" <Stephen.Perez () TRINITY EDU>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 09:56:12 -0500

Here at Trinity University we are moving toward a single sign-on with
multiple applications. We are running Exchange, Blackboard, uPortal,
Datatel, and a host of other applications. Our goal is to enable the end
users the ability to securely manage their passwords and resolve account
lockout incidents in a self-service fashion without involvement of
helpdesk personnel, while allowing IT to implement strong password
policies in Active Directory environment while we address our Identity
Management challenges. Two factor authentication, web based, forced
enrollment, integrates with Active Director, account creation, are some
of the standard features we are looking for.  If you have any
suggestions, good or bad experiences with commercial brand password
management software you wish to share please email me on or off line.
Thanks

Stephen Perez
Information Security Administrator
Trinity University