Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Thoughts on Jericho Forum

From: "Mclaughlin, Kevin (mclaugkl)" <mclaugkl () UCMAIL UC EDU>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 13:04:04 -0400

I can only second Steve's response, keep defense in depth (layered security)
in mind and don't look at either host OR network security consider host AND
perimeter security.  Dollars being as tight as they are we often have to
decide which to do first and then at a later date put the second layer in.

-Kevin

Kevin L. McLaughlin
CISM, CISSP, PMP, ITIL Master Certified
Director, Information Security
University of Cincinnati
513-556-9177 (w)
513-703-3211 (m)
513-558-ISEC (department)

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message and its content is confidential,
intended solely for the addressee, and may be legally privileged. Access to
this message and its content by any individual or entity other than those
identified in this message is unauthorized. If you are not the intended
recipient, any disclosure, copying or distribution of this e-mail may be
unlawful. Any action taken or omitted due to the content of this message is
prohibited and may be unlawful.