Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: VMWare Classroom / Lab

From: Ken Layng <kml18 () PSU EDU>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 16:11:50 -0400

We use Virtual environments to conduct training on server platforms that
could not be conducted in traditional managed lab environments.  Randy,
I'd be interested in seeing what sites you have in mind for pre-built
virtual machines.  Perhaps we could create a locale for sharing virtual
machines / training environments among our institutions if this does not
already exist.

Ken Layng
Penn State

Randy Marchany wrote:
We used VMWARE to setup a "virtual" corporate network for business IT audit
students to use in their hands-on exercises. There are a couple of great sites
that have "prebuilt" VM machines that you can download. I'll see if I can find
the links.

      Randy Marchany
      VA Tech

--