Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

<SPAM> Re: OT: vendor contacts after list posting

From: "Crawford, Tim M." <tcrawford () GSB STANFORD EDU>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 13:03:06 -0700

I should have been clearer too. It is not that I am against having vendors on the list. However, there need to be
"rules for engagement". Specifically, avoiding the cold call sales. If that can be addressed, I am ok with the
approach.

One other aspect would be sharing sensative information with other higher-ed folks vs vendors. Maybe that is a more
sensative issue for some than others.

Tim

Sent via BlackBerry