Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: New Resource: Sensitive Data

From: David Shettler <dshettle () HOLYCROSS EDU>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 19:01:51 -0400

Just a clarification, as I wasn't terribly specific in my previous
post, and I noticed people have linked to it.  My fault:

Etiolated.org covers known publicized breaches _specifically involving
data loss of significance_.  It does not cover defacements or other
breaches, unless those involved data loss as well (social security
numbers, school records, medical records, bank account numbers, credit
cards, with names, addresses, etc.)

Terribly sorry for the confusion!!

Dave