Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Degausser technician job description. Was recommendations

From: David Grisham <DGrisham () SALUD UNM EDU>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 13:56:15 -0600

We have a technician that does wiping & degaussing using the Verity Systems V91 HD/DLT Hard Disk Drive and DLT Tape
Degausser.  For forensic cleaning we use US Department of Defense (DOD) 5220.22-M Standard

I am trying to find anyone who has a job description that includes this type of work.  Cheers.-grish
David Grisham, Manager, IT Security
UNM Hospitals

Brian Epstein <bepstein () IAS EDU> 5/2/2007 8:04 AM >>>