Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Looking for Captive Portal Authentication Product

From: "Brock, Anthony - NET" <Anthony.Brock () OREGONSTATE EDU>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 15:40:26 -0700

Greg,

We currently use Cisco Clean Access for this. It authenticates against
our radius which is backed against an LDAP. Unfortunately, we are a
layer-2 campus which means that our authentication is primarily through
MAC (not the fault of the CCA, just our current choices for campus
authentication).

So far I am quite pleased with the technology. What I'm not pleased with
is the cost. Let me know what you discover on the Juniper and any other
technologies. We would be very interested in your experiences.

Thanks!

Tony

Anthony Brock
Senior Network Security Engineer
Oregon State University - Network Engineering
http://oregonstate.edu/net/security/
<BLOCKED::http://oregonstate.edu/net/security/>