Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Firewall Question

From: Valdis Kletnieks <Valdis.Kletnieks () VT EDU>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 13:05:14 -0500

On Mon, 15 Jan 2007 15:02:18 EST, "Piscitello, Frank" said:

Our campus currently has Fortinet firewalls, and have been a little
unhappy with them.  So we are starting the process of looking for
something new.  Has anybody worked with Juniper SSG 550 firewalls?

It will be easier to tell you if the Juniper would suit you well if
you explained more about why you are displeased with the Fortinet
product. (In addition, if you explain the Fortinet issues, you're likely
to get at least a half-dozen "Oh, look at Product X, it's the opposite"