Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Data in SYN Packets

From: "Gibson, Nathan J. (HSC)" <Nathan-Gibson () OUHSC EDU>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 14:53:02 -0500

It could be that a different O/S could use this information. It may be a packet that could cause malicious attacks on a
different platform but your machine sees it as a "corrupt" packet because it carries extra data and drops it.

V/R,
Nathan J. Gibson, CISSP
Information Technology, Information Security Services
Rogers Building, Room 128
Office: (405) 271-2476
Fax: (405) 271-2181
EXT:50270
Cell: (405) 397 5134
http://it.ouhsc.edu/services/infosecurity

Confidentiality Notice
This e-mail, including any attachments, contains information from the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center,
which may be confidential or privileged. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity
named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the
contents of this information is prohibited.

If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by a "reply to sender only" message and
destroy all electronic and hard copies of the communication, including attachments.