Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Administrative password management

From: Russell Fulton <r.fulton () AUCKLAND AC NZ>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 08:17:46 +1300

Boaz Gelbord wrote:
Hi all,

Does anyone have experience (good or bad) with any of the following
administrative password management solutions for managing passwords on
critical systems such as servers, routers, etc?

Cyberark

We evaluated cyberark and liked it a lot but baulked  at the cost.
Eventually we went with Secret Server which was adequate for our needs
and cost a few hundred dollars.   We have been using it for about 6
months now and are generally happy with it -- very good value for money.

http://www.thycotic.com/products_secretserver_overview.html

Russell